|Golf||Oshkosh Country Club||11 West Ripple Avenue||- - - - -||1899||1976/2005|
Oshkosh Country Club dates back to 1899. Its first name was the Algoma Country Club and its location was the site of the present day Lakeshore Golf Course. In 1917, OCC moved to its current location south of Oshkosh on Ripple Avenue and Highway 45 when it also changed its name to Oshkosh Country Club. The course design drew many of golfs top players during the 1920s and 1930s. Among these players were Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, Walter Hagen and Gene Sarazen.
As golf became popular in the early 1900s, the Wisconsin State Golf Association was formed. The purpose was to establish a championship for the amateur golfers in Wisconsin. Oshkosh Country Club was among the nine founding members of the association. Following the formation of this association was the creation of the Northwestern Wisconsin Golf Association (NEWGA) to foster interclub play. Again, OCC was a founding member of this association which exists today.
The design of OCC continued to evolve and improve throughout the successive decades. The original clubhouse was destroyed by fire in the mid 1970s and a replacement clubhouse opened in 1976. A new swimming pool was built in 2005.
Today the rich tradition of OCC adds to the Oshkosh community. OCC provides a top notch golf course and dining experience, a swimming pool and tennis courts for its members. It is a mecca for families who value these opportunities and for businesses that recognize the advantages that membership affords.
Directions from Green Bay
1) Merge onto US-41 S.
2) Take the CR-N exit, EXIT 113.
3) Turn left onto WI-26 N.
4) WI-26 N becomes CR-N E.
5) Turn left onto Oregon St/CR-I. Continue to follow CR-I.
6) Turn right onto W Ripple Ave.
7) 11 W RIPPLE AVE is on the right.
Directions from Milwaukee
1) Merge onto I-94 W toward I-94 W.
2) Merge onto US-45 N via EXIT 305B toward Fond du Lac.
3) Take US-41 N toward WI-145/Fond du Lac.
4) Take the CR-N exit, EXIT 113.
5) Turn right onto CR-N E.
6) Turn left onto Oregon St/CR-I. Continue to follow CR-I.
7) Turn right onto W Ripple Ave.
8) 11 W RIPPLE AVE is on the right.
Directions from Madison
1) Take US-151 N
2) Merge onto WI-26 N via EXIT 148 toward Rosendale/Oshkosh.
3) WI-26 N becomes CR-N E.
4) Turn left onto Oregon St/CR-I. Continue to follow CR-I.
5) Turn right onto W Ripple Ave.
6) 11 W RIPPLE AVE is on the right.
Directions from Minneapolis
1) Merge onto I-94 E
2) Merge onto WI-29 E via EXIT 52 toward WI-40/Colfax/I-94-ALT/Eik Mound/Green Bay/Chippewa Falls.
3) Take US-51 S toward I-39 S/Stevens Point/Madison.
4) Take the US-10 exit, EXIT 158, toward Stevens Point/Waupaca.
5) Take the 1st right onto US-10 E/WI-66 N. Continue to follow US-10 E.
6) Merge onto US-45 S toward Oshkosh.
7) Merge onto US-41 S toward Milwaukee.
8) Take the CR-N exit, EXIT 113.
9) Turn left onto WI-26 N.
10) WI-26 N becomes CR-N E.
11) Turn left onto Oregon St/CR-I. Continue to follow CR-I.
12) Turn right onto W Ripple Ave.
13) 11 W RIPPLE AVE is on the right.