The UW-Oshkosh Athletics and UW-Oshkosh Police Departments will once again implement enhanced security standards at Titan home football games this fall.
"We want to make sure fans are safe and comfortable at our football games. That is our number one priority,” Lieutenant Trent Martin of the UW-Oshkosh Police Department said. "We are pleased to work with the Athletics Department on this admission procedure, which is designed to give fans a great experience and a high level of confidence in knowing that our facility is safe and secure."
These procedures, which include a bag check process serving as the primary method of fan screening, was introduced last fall and will continue with UW-Oshkosh's football game on Saturday (Sept. 7) against Carthage College at J. J. Keller Field at Titan Stadium.
"Our guests are our most prized partners, and ensuring their safety is a top priority," said UW-Oshkosh Assistant Chancellor & Director of Athletics Darryl Sims. "We believe that this bag check procedure is an important step towards enhancing public safety at our stadium. We have had a great collaboration with University Police over the years and this safety program is just another example of our outstanding relationship.”
Fans will not be permitted to bring the following items into the stadium:
- Outside Food or Beverages
- Illegal Drugs or Other Substances
- Cups & Mugs
- Closed Packages
- Mono-pods and Tripods
- Laser Pointers
- Firearms (either real or simulated)
- Knives, Blades, or Sharp Objects of Any Length (unless required for medical purposes)
- Poles or Sticks For Banners, Flags, and Signs (flags, banners, signs are permitted at sole discretion of the university)
- Smoking/Vaping Devices
- Animals (other than service animals)
- Any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate as determined by and at the discretion of the security screener.
Fans should keep the following in mind before they arrive at the stadium entrance to expedite the process:
- Minimize the number of personal items they bring to the game.
- All bags, to include but not limited to handbags, briefcases, camera bags, diaper bags, clutches, and purses, are subject to search prior to entering the stadium.
- Permitted bags should be soft-sided, not larger than 14" x 6" x 14" and able to fit completely beneath a seat.
- Bags that are fully packed take longer to search; clear bags and those packed loosely are more easily examined.
- There is no check-in location for prohibited bags or items at Titan Stadium.